HP3000-L Archives

February 2004, Week 1

From:
Ron Horner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ron Horner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 2004 09:49:53 -0600
You know what happens when you ASSUME?

Ron Horner
Horner Consulting

-----Original Message-----
From: HP-3000 Systems Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of
Shahan, Ray
Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 9:44 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [HP3000-L] CI Script question

LISTF,1 or LISTF,2 would work nicely.  Ok, I'm sorry, Craig, I just couldn't
resist that one (it's been snowing all night, and I needed a release).  :-)

I suppose you're aware of the MSG file redirection, then parse to get the
bytes you want using an MPE script.  However, you can also redirect the
LISTF to a prebuilt ASCII file, then use SUPRTOOL to define the EXTENT bytes
position, and then use the IF to select the recs with file extents > 100 (of
course, this assume you have suprtool).

HTH,

Ray Shahan

When you were born, you were crying
and everyone around you was smiling.
Live your life so at the end,
you're the one who is smiling and everyone
around you is crying.                Unknown