HP3000-L Archives

February 2004, Week 1

Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 13:22:23 -0800
> Is it possible to force spoolfiles to list by numeric
> or date order of spoolid?

generally the number order is the date order, however:

run ls.hpbin.sys;info="-l /HPSPOOL/OUT"

will list files in date sequence

Jon

Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Is it possible to force spoolfiles to list by numeric
> or date order of spoolid?

While I don't have an immediate idea for sorting by date,
you might use the Posix /bin/sort utility to sort by numeric
spoolfile ID. Should be something in the line of...

:spoolf @ ;show ;seleq=[ ... ] > $newpass
:/bin/grep "^#O" < $oldpass > $newpass
:/bin/sort "-n -k1.3" < $oldpass

Doesn't right justify spoolfile IDs, but sorts numerically.

Regards, Lars.