HP3000-L Archives

February 2004, Week 1

From:
"Emerson, Tom" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Emerson, Tom
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 12:18:53 -0800
[I've lost track of the original author, but someone pondered...]

> > Is it possible to force spoolfiles to list by numeric
> > or date order of spoolid?

take a look at the on-line help entry for "%REPEAT...%FORFILES, operating on spoolfilesets" [it is about item #7 in response to the command "help repeat"]  this lets you set up an arbitrary selection loop [which I thought might also let you alter the sort order, but I cannot remember how now that I really think about it...]

If you are handy with Vesoft "expression programs", you might want to look at "showout.cmd22" in the vesoft account -- this is actually the routine that produces the showout output to begin with [hint: look at some of the custom %listf processing routines, like datesort.vecsl, and note that ":spool" can be appended to the "fileset"]