UTCSTAFF Archives

February 2004

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Stuart Benkert <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 09:39:52 -0500
This morning my conducting class received a wonderful presentation regarding recording research/ discography. Several students had expressed hesitation in the process of building a discography and as such were not looking forward to what they believed would be an impossible task (or at least graduate work). Naomi Sutherland made the process seem not only accessible but also simple. In addition, I learned (in one hour) three new things about music research. Naomi came in several hours earlier than her normal schedule in order to instruct my 8:00 AM class and I am grateful for her effort.  The class was so successful and well instructed that my students are now looking forward to the assignment. I wish I had been given such guidance when I was a graduate student. Thank you Library and thank you Naomi.

stuart