UTCSTAFF Archives

February 2004

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Christopher J Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 11:29:48 -0500
What I find shocking is that people were shocked by the halftime show.  It must be that for some people this was the first time they've tuned into a halftime show in the last twenty years.

A guy grabbing his crotch?  On National Television?  Why, I never! Women in skimpy outfits?  At a football game?  Can you imagine?  Next thing you know they'll have 11 or 12 women showing their belly-buttons and wearing push-up bras and yelling "Go Team" at every game. Disgusting.  The NFL selling sex and rock and roll as well as the game?  Why, who can believe it, when normally they're up there on the moral high ground of Olympus.

I was watching the show with my seven-year old daughter, but luckily she was already ruined by my having taken her to Paris where they regularly show breasts on soap ads.  All that exposure to nipples may also explain their failure to take the moral high ground on the Saddam issue.

Chris Stuart