SCUBA-SE Archives

February 2004

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Feb 2004 16:02:03 -0500
On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 11:46:50 -0500, John K. Luedeman
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Hey, Reef Fish.  How are you doing?

Enjoying life to the fullest before I kick the inevitable bucket some day!

Welcome to Scuba-SE (don't know what the hell SE stands for now, but it's
the REAL scuba-L of old, more or less).

Congrats on your having taken the plunge of being Professor Emeritus of
that place I used to love but learned to loathe.

>I miss you around here.

You mean the place I was giving many the hell they deserved?  :-)

>What are you doing now?  Besides diving, I mean.

There's life besides DIVING afterall!  :-)  I have taken up CRUISING
(with light diving during cruises) as a NEW life.  I am living several
lives simultaneously now.

After this cruise, we'll be in Vegas during Valentine;  then 10 days in
Cozumel over their Mardi Gras (Carnivale -- you would try it -- I did
for the first time last year and loved it);  then a repeat of this
cruise March 7;  rest a few days at home before heading out to a 10-day
Cook Island cruise in the French Polynesia in early April;  that will
be followed shortly by the Singapore ADEX to see those folks you had
already met the first day -- Strike the Viking God, Andy the Brit
parrotfish, and Mika da Wiesel!  :-)  After ADEX, it'll be diving in
Bali for three days with Bjorn and his bride who puts Amelda to shame
with her collection of shoes, their friends, and Robert Delfs whom
I didn't get to meet in Hong Kong.

That's why I'll have only a few days between how and mid-MAY (forgot
to mention the Cayman Aggressor IV in early May) for SUE to do the
laundry and repack our travel gears.  :-))

During THOSE few days, we'll be seeing our Quacks for regular
maintenance of their bank accounts, and I am rekindling some old
flames in tournament bridge and backgammon.  :-)

It's a ROUGH LIFE when you're retarred!   Trust me.

Ob scuba.  We had two great dives with Caballito del Caribe with
DM Adrian and Captain Giovanni.  Saw the biggest nurse shark I've
ever seen in Cozumel on the Yucab dive.  It swam so close to Sue
that all she could take was the NOSE of that damned thing because
her digital camera could not recharge the strobe fast enough to
take more than one close-up shots!

>I was hoping to find you on this list.
>My old Clemson address still works.  Drop me a line.

Will do.  Better still, when I get back on shore, will give you a call.
One minute of voice is worth many keystrokes.  :-)

>John K. Luedeman
>Professor Emeritus of Mathematical Sciences and Mathematics Education

-- Bob (aka ElPezNeuvo, lebensol, da Feeesh, and other names :-))

P.S.  On my last day on the cruise, in disputing a bill which charged
me 12 minutes of internet at the rate of $21 per hour because those
12 minutes were used when I was told I was PLATINUM by the Princess
Cruiseship Headquarters which has the perk of FREE INTERNET use on
board!   At first I was told that the Headquarter made a mistake in
sending me the notice (which was actually correct, because this was
only my 4th cruise on Princess, and I wouldn't be eligible for the
Platinum status till my 6th one on March 28), but then the purser
on the ship said I AM already Platinum and issued me and Sue our
PLATINUM CARDS at the spot which would erase all internet charges we
use on board henceworth on ALL Princess Cruises.  :-))))))))))))))))
That's why I am here how, because I am prematurely Platinumized on
the Princess Cruise Line!