SCUBA-SE Archives

February 2004

From:
Lee Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Feb 2004 10:00:11 -0500
"Michael Doelle" wrote:

> >I have a problem with the whole idea of nudity in the U.S., pro or con.
On one hand, I understand the desire of parents to control what their kids
are
> > exposed to<

> Blindfold them during breast-feeding? Kids have zero problems with nudity.
It's a cultural taboo that they are taught later.

I didn't say anyuthing about what kids have a problem with.  It was the
right of parents that I addressed.  It is not up to me to make the decision
for them.

> > On the other hand, I just can't find anything dirty about being nude.<

>No reason why you should.

Unfortunately, that's not the case in this country.  By far, the majority of
the nudity we are exposed to or have access to is pornography.  Other, more
natural instances of nudity are not nearly as obvious.  Right or wrong,
that's how it has been and, to a very large extend, still is.

Lee