SCUBA-SE Archives

February 2004

From:
Lee Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 18:01:52 -0500
Michael Doelle wrote:
>> She's claiming it was an accident.  I don't think anybody
> believes it.<
>
> Definitely looked planned. Or why would she have had that 'nipple
> cover' under the bra? Or ornament or piercing or whatever.

That's my take on it too.  What also occurred to me is that it might be a
deliberate move to take some of the heat off her brother.  If so, it seems
to have worked.

> I still think that the  Reagan era is to blame. I lived in Austin
> before Ronnie got elected. Nudity at 'Barton Springs', the popular
> local swimming place, was quite common. Very soon after the election,
> it was tolerated only "way uphill" away from the pool. Shortly after
> that it was banned completely.

I have a problem with the whole idea of nudity in the U.S., pro or con.  On
one hand, I understand the desire of parents to control what their kids are
exposed to.  On the other hand, I just can't find anything dirty about being
nude.  Lucky Jayna and I have a cruising boat.  We don't have to worry about
it one way or the other.  When we raft up with our friends that prefer to be
clothed, we're clothed.  When we raft up with our friends that prefer to be
nude, we're nude . . . with a lot of sunblock.  When we're by ourselves, we
just do whatever is convenient at the time.

> Are thongs still banned on Fla. beaches? I remember the discussions
> about what percentage of a female butt had to be covered. I applied
> for the job of butt inspector back then. Didn't get it though.

It's a damned shame.  You would have been good at it.  I can't answer your
question.  We very rarely see S. Florida beaches.  We're much more likely to
be anchored off an island somewhere where nobody cares one way or the other.
I see lots of them on boats, though, which suggests that they're probably
legal.  The only real controversy I can remember was the hot dog vender lady
in downtown Ft. Lauderdale.  The design of her suit was such that, from the
rear, she looked completely naked.  There were several rear end collisions
near her chosed places of business.

Lee