SCUBA-SE Archives

February 2004

From:
Michael Doelle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 14:58:56 -0500
Lee said:

>I've been up to try the hold in the wall, 140 feet plus, several times but
have yet to make it. <

I think you mean Hole in the Wall. Tried that a few times, but the boat
always decided to go somewhere else. Still on my list if I come back to
PBC.

> The Hydro Atlantic is
sitting in about 170 feet and I'd like to see why everybody seems to think
she's so wonderful.<

Used to be dived from The Cove marina a lot. Captain David ... something.
What was the name again? It's not really that deep. It just bottoms out at
170. 'The Boynton Bitch' also goes there once  in while. The one that
claims that the reef is named after her.
The HA is kinda cool since it is a real wreck, not a scuttled one.

>The long and the short of it is, I'll not get to spend as much time in the
Bahamas as we would, otherwise, have liked, but we'll get there often
enough
to keep the stress levels down.

I'm still waiting for Jay to organize a Bahamas tour. Right now he's rather
busy producing kids. So he probably won't do that anytime soon.

> Like I said, the deeper dives will probably tapir off
until they become a thing of the past.  <

Tapirs are really cool animals.