SCUBA-SE Archives

February 2004

From:
Mike Wallace <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 2004 21:01:04 -0600

I had a less than pleasant experience with a camel when I lived in Iran.
Several of us were riding in the desert south of Tehran. The camel I was on
was a pretty decent, calm animal for a Camel but the one behind me did not
like the fact that I was riding his friend. He kept sneaking up behind and
biting and spitting on me. I finally got the chance to kick it in the snout
once when he snuck up on the side. He at least kept his distance and just
spit from then on. Of course the Iranians with us thought it was freakin'
hilarious!

Mike