SCUBA-SE Archives

February 2004

From:
Ray Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Feb 2004 04:36:03 EST
In a message dated 2/27/2004 10:29:47 AM Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Others who have lived in Coz for years had seen batfish here, so I have
> no reason to believe they were anything but batfish.  Why do you think
> otherwise?

Hello Bob,

Sir, I have no reason to doubt that they are Batfish other than your
comments. A sea robin can also "sit" on the bottom and is sometimes confused with the
batfish. The head is a little different and the legs are more claw like
instead of the "landing gear" type on the batfish.

Either way I'd be happy to see some of each on my trip there in April.

Good luck diving tomorrow sir,

Ray