SCUBA-SE Archives

February 2004

From:
Brad Stambaugh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 02:36:28 -0500
On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 22:23:01 -0500, Lee Bell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Brad Stambaugh wrote:
>> Well, I live right next door to where Dr. Mudd used to live ...in Fort
>> Jefferson, on Garden Key, in Dry Tortugas National Park.
>>
>> ...gotta get back to work now - someone has do it. :-)))
>
>Ah, I did know that.  Somehow, I simply did not equate Ft. Jefferson with
>Florida.  I should have and, in fact, did know better.  So how goes the job
>so far.
>
>What kind of shifts do they have set up for you guys?

My shift, which runs eight days, is Wednesday through Wednesday. My days
off are Thursday through Tuesday, every other week. It seems strange, but I
like this shift - so far. The work week sails by quickly, and the weekends
are plenty long for R&R. Since I'd rather spend my weekends on the island,
rather than in Key West, I'll need to learn how to get supplies, and tanks
filled, and still be on the island. It can be done, but the tanks are the
biggest problem right now. We have a compressor on the island, but... long
story.

Brad