SCUBA-SE Archives

February 2004

From:
Krazy Kiwi Viv <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Feb 2004 10:14:29 -0500
On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 David Strike <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>G'Day, Viv!  Needles in haystacks might be easier to find, but it'd
>be quite a coup to recover and restore it.

Yeah, the efforts they put in to find the Monitor and the sub Hunley, the
later raised in 2000, will pale in comparision to what will be required
with the gator.

>(BTW!  Many thanks for that link.  I started looking at the other
>sections, including the "Sea Stories and Fairy Tales" and got lost
>in there!  There are some great tales - I particularly liked the
>"Battle of Barf in the South China Sea"!)  :-)))

You can't help but click on reading more & more of those sea stories.
The story Strike is talking about is the 7th one down under PATROL.
http://www.submarinesailor.com/stories/
Viv