SCUBA-SE Archives

February 2004

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 22:15:50 -0500
On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 09:50:32 +0800, Robert Delfs <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

Glad to catch this on the eve prior to my departure to Lost Wages.  May
or may not have a friendly internet environment in the Hilton Grand
Vacation Resort where I'll be staying.

>Re:  Dinner and drinks evening after first day of diving

>>The "here" refers to your house, Robert?
>
>Yes, chez nous, Villa Iskandar, in the Batujimbar compound.  We're just
>a few hundred meters up the beach from the Bali Hyatt.

Excellent.  Anything remotely resembling Strike's Reef?  :-)

>Re: Bali Hai vs Bintang Beer
>
>>Me too!  What most drinkers consider undrinkable are usually the
>>drinkable ones for ME.  :-))

I was referring to Strike's remark about Daiquiri.  I wouldn't
dream of drinking BEER or its relative that looks and smells like
hoss piss.

>Item:  Water temps
>
>Can't remember if I covered this before, but some of you may be aware
>that water temps can be quite cold (20-22 C.) at Nusa Penida during the
>mola season, but that shouldn't be an issue in April.

So, what IS teh expected temp that time in April??  20C is 71F exactly,
and that is COLD indeed.

>I wear a 5 mil
>at Nua Penida from July through October, but 3 mil. is be more than
>adequate now, and that should carry through May or June.

Give us an ESTIMATE in the actual water temp, pleeeze!  To say 3 mil
is more than adequate is like saying it's about a 20-minute drive.
I did ice dives in 3 mil, and a 20 minute drive could mean snywhere
from 5 to 30 miles.  I hope 1 mil will be enough for me.

-- Bob.