SCUBA-SE Archives

February 2004

From:
David Hale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 2004 10:23:39 -0800
There was a mention of an incident in one of the
recent DAN magazines. It was an older diver
complaining about not being allowed to dive at the
GBR. He was not told about the requirement until the
boat was underway and was not allowed to dive. I
thought he had a valid complaint that the land-based
part of the operation said nothing to him, even though
he was obviously over 65. I don't remember much about
the DAN response, except it mostly took the operator's
side as they largely seem to do.

Can't find it anywhere on DAN's on-line site. Maybe
their web budget all went to paying off Dr. Bennett
(sorry, cheap shot!) :)

Cheers,
David H.