SCUBA-SE Archives

February 2004

From:
Alfred Kirkland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Feb 2004 12:46:00 -0500
Bjorn,

I usually shoot in "P" mode too! :-)  One of the things that "Digital" photography allows the user to do is to participate in "Shotgun" photography.  Shoot everything that is remotely what you want to shoot and with 50 or 60 "Good Resolution" shots per dive you're bound to get lucky 5 or 6 times per dive!! :-) On a week-long trip hopefully you'll get 8 or 10 really good shots!

When I was in Chuuk last March I lost the use of my (1) Strobe and had to go back to "Manual" photography.  The number of bad photos went up dramatically!! :-)  I like "P" mode!!

Alfred