HP3000-L Archives

January 2004, Week 5

From:
joe andress <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
joe andress <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Jan 2004 14:41:12 -0600
I do believe Shawn was referring to USA Federal Income Tax, based upon the
numbers that he was using.

Based upon some number I saw resently ( and I wish I could find them),
around 40%  pay NO Federal Income Tax and that 1% of the people payed
greater than 30% of the Federal Income Tax.
Of the 40% who paid NO federal income tax, a large percent got a Earned
Income Tax Credit. Regardless of which party is responsible for this joke, I
will never understand how a Federal Income Tax return can provide a refund
for MORE than what was collected.

I will also admit that I dont recall how corporate Federal Taxes related in
the article.

The only true way to insure that people are treated equally is to have a
flat tax on any income with no deductions. But that will never happen.