HP3000-L Archives

January 2004, Week 4

From:
"Vivino, David" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vivino, David
Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 2004 11:50:15 -0500
We have a 56K point-to-point data circuit connecting our 3000 with a remote
location 30 miles away.  Our service provider (Cable & Wireless) is getting
out of the data business and is cancelling our circuit.  So, we have to
switch service providers, but no one seems to do 56K any more.  We may end
up getting a T1 circuit instead.  Currently the 56K line links to a CSU unit
--> a remote bridge (#28674B) --> DTC.  How would I need to change this to
accomodate a T1 line?  Replace the CSU with something else?  Plug the T1
line directly into the remote bridge (there is no RJ45 plug in back)?
Anyone have any experience in this area?  Thanks in advance.
...Dave