HP3000-L Archives

January 2004, Week 3

From:
Paul Courry <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Courry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Jan 2004 13:32:04 -0500
Has anybody looked at some of the solutions offerred for alternative hardware configurations for Amisys Advance?

Recently we've seen a one which minimizes the overall cost of software licenses (Oracle and Cognos) and expensive HPUX boxes by putting the Oracle database (and it's
expensive licenses) on a smaller Intel server, and the applications on a more appropriately sized HPUX box (along with Cognos licenses). Print servers, FTP, etc. can go on yet
another cheap box. It has been held out to us that the whole shebang can be totally disaster tolerant if desired.

I would be interested in talking to anyone in an Amisys shop who is considering such alternatives.

Paul Courry

Regime change begins at home - remember to vote in the Nov 2004 elections.