HP3000-L Archives

January 2004, Week 3

From:
joe andress <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
joe andress <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 20:10:25 -0600
While I was living in Halfmoon; for those of you who dont know, thats just
across the interstate from Clifton Park just up the northway from Albany,
NY, I went outside one cool morning when the REAL temp was -16.

I went to start my  4x4 pickup truck, and at first, all it wanted to do was
grunt over a little. Finally, it started but it was still not a happy camper
for about 10 minutes. Meantime, I was a popcycle by the time the truck
finally heated up enough so I could scrape the ice off the inside of the
windshield.

That happened 2 nights in a row and on the 3 day, I was happy when the temp
only got down to -4. I sorta laugh at people here in Birmingham Al when they
say that its really toooooo cold at 20 degrees.

If they only know what cold is.

I went to a playoff football game where we watched Giants beat Vikings. We
kept the drinks in the cooler to keep them FROM freezing.

lol

Enjoying the weather here in the 30s and 40s.

BTW, upstate New York is a beautiful place. In the Hudson valley, the snow
was not to extreme and most people were fairly nice.