HP3000-L Archives

January 2004, Week 3

From:
Tracy Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 00:10:28 -0500
I have a new Model 20 array and I've been
having fun learning how to bind and unbind
the drives.  Seems there are more than
50 ways ...

One thing that drives me nuts though, is
no matter how configure the fourth drive
and seventh drives, the HP tells me it is:

BUSY   UNKNOWN

In DSTAT ALL.

(This is after doing an INSTALL.  I have
a test machine to play with.)

The next question is trivia:

Can the bus be split between the two SCSI
ports on the back?  Or are the drives
interminably linked?  I was thinking I
could configure more LDEVs, but apparently
MPE won't let me go beyond seven mirrored
pairs.  The old manual I have only tells
me HP-UX stuff, (I suppose I should look
on the CD rom.)
--
BT
NNNN