HP3000-L Archives

January 2004, Week 2

From:
Brice Yokem <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brice Yokem <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 2004 13:44:52 -0500
Well, for the vice president to enjoy the advantage of presidential
incumbancy, the president would ahve to endorse him.  My point was, that
whoever the president endorsed, would enjoy a large fraction of that
advantage, that is not the same thing as guaranteed a win.

In the old days, the VP could be from an opposition party, so would
not get a lot of presidential support.  In modern times, the VP is
often selected to appease the opposition in the same party, and so
may not have more than lukewarm presidental support.

In the 'W' cabinet I think VP Cheney sees mostly eye-to-eye with his
boss, so when election time rolls around he might have a good shot.