HP3000-L Archives

January 2004, Week 2

From:
Stuart Diamond <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stuart Diamond <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 14:34:29 -0500
When I do LISTF @[log in to unmask]@,2 at regular MPE it works fine. The same command in MPEX gives me the error.  I tried both the PM capability and the purge of all 176 files from the VESOFT account.  Neither one of them resolved the problem.

Stu Diamond
HP Systems Manager
Hours: Monday          7:30 AM - 6:00 PM
              Tues-Thurs 10:15 AM - 9:00 PM

Phone:    1 631 738-5521
Beeper:  1 877 409-1239

--- Stuart Diamond <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> We are on version 5.5 of MPE, and version  31N20512 of MPEX.
>
> The user does have PM, why would that cause an error?

what happens if you do this listf outside of mpex?
does it always fail?  in mpex?  in mpe?

it's really hard to say who's the culprit here.  your version of mpex
is fairly new.  your version of mpe worries me.....because we hit a
problem with listf a long time ago....but i can't remember if it was on
5.5 or 6.0.          - d

=====
Donna Garverick     Sr. System Programmer
dgarverick -at- longs -dot- com
925-210-6631        Longs Drug Stores

Come, my friends, 'Tis not too late to seek a newer world.
Tho' much is taken, much abides; and tho'
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.
"Ulysses", A. Tennyson