HP3000-L Archives

January 2004, Week 2

From:
"Tufariello, Mike" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tufariello, Mike
Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 10:13:47 -0500
Before I get the official response from HP, I thought I would ask this forum
a few questions about OS upgrade paths.

I currently run two 979-400s.  Both are at OS 6.5 pp 2, with some additional
reactive patches.

I am also aware that HP plans to drop support on OS 6.5 at the end of 2004.

Our company's immediate goals and plans have not been set which means I will
be running these systems well beyond the end of 2004 deadline and perhaps up
to the end of 2006 hardware deadline.

I am looking for recommendations about which OS I should upgrade to, 7.0
with which power patch or 7.5 with which power patch.

If it helps we are also an Amisys client running version 11.01.01, thinking
of going to Amisys Advanced version 1.

And are there any "gotchas" I need to be aware of.

As always thanks very much.

Mike