HP3000-L Archives

January 2004, Week 2

From:
Michael Baier <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Baier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jan 2004 09:09:35 -0500
On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 21:12:00 -0600, Matthew Perdue
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Michael Baier <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>Tom,
>
>you should have heard her in Atlanta at the HPWorld.
>She made jokes about Dell and Gateway now selling TV's and HP being the
>innovation company while the others just copy.
>
>Now, just a few months after that, she starts selling "music".
>By the end of this year, I bet, TV's will follow.
>Industry leader in printer, music-downloads and TV screens.
>She's also in an advising or was it advertising club for Mr. Bush.
>
>Oh well, was a great company with great management while it lasted.
>
>Michael
>
>... and I'd like to point out that:
>Carly was an adviser for Arnold's (current govenor of California)
>transition team, NOT for Mr. Bush. Your bias is showing....

Yes, she was or is an advisor to Arnold.
However, she also seems to speak very often with Mr. Bush.
So she is not a direct advisor, I had thought, she was,
my mistake.
2001:
Hardware maker Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina was expected to speak with
Bush about the U.S. workforce and changing immigration laws to allow more
high-tech workers into the country, said Mary Deebeall, a consultant for HP
who assisted Fiorina with her comments to the president elect.
2002:
In case anyone in the crowd that included AOL Time Warner's Steve Case,
Hewlett-Packard's Carly Fiorina and John Chen of Sybase missed his point,
two former members of Bush's transition team for the FCC emphasized it
again later in the day