UTCSTAFF Archives

January 2004

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Charles Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Charles Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 17:49:03 -0500
Mary,
        I would like to strongly encourage you to use the webAsis interface
rather than using Reflections.  Reflections is an old program that still
allows access to some sensitive data that needs to be blocked for security
concerns.  The only thing that you should be using Reflections for is to
assist in setting and resetting passwords in the ASIS system and accessing
departmental demographic statistics.  All other functions have been created
in the WebAsis interface and have been updated to be in compliance with
federal guidelines.   Records and registration and the IT folks have put a
lot of time into creating this compliant interface.  It is light years
easier to use compared to the reflections interface.

Also, the faculty members in your department really should be giving out
their own advisement codes as they advise.  The policy as I am aware of it
is that only the actual advisor can give out the advise codes.  Otherwise we
run the risk of students harassing administrative assistants for these codes
and hindering you from focusing on the million and one tasks that come up at
this time of the semester.