UTCSTAFF Archives

January 2004

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Carol Kimmons <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carol Kimmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jan 2004 19:47:07 -0400
Have a wonderful time in the beautiful Sequatchie Valley, learn about
sustainable living and the natural history of our forests, while you help
support your local non-profit organization. SVI is a 45-minute exquisitely
scenic drive from UTC.

SEQUATCHIE VALLEY INSTITUTE AT MOONSHADOW Winter, Spring and Summer '04 Events

SVI is currently accepting applications for internships this season.
Internships could start anytime in March and last through November or
anytime in between. Please email [log in to unmask] or call
423-949-5922 for info.

 February 28th (Sat) - Open House and Vegan Potluck Dinner.  Tours start at
10 am Central Time.  Dinner around 6 pm.  Free!!

March 12-14th (Fri-Sun) - Healing Self/Healing Earth Workshop and
Gathering.  Earthen Spirituality Intensive.  For more information, please
call Cielo at 423-332-0748.

March 27th (Sat) - Spring Wildflower Hike and Open House.  Hike starts at
11 am Central time.  The hike will last a few hours.  There will be a
longer, rougher hike that continues into the late afternoon.  Open House
starts at 9 am with ongoing tours.

April 17th (Sat) - Spring Wildflower Hike and Open House.  Hike starts at
11 am Central time.  We will compare and contrast the amazing change in
wildflower diversity and color from the first hike.  There will be a
longer, rougher hike that continues into the late afternoon.  Open House
starts at 9 am with ongoing tours.

April 18th (Sun) - "Lunch and Log" Shiitake Mushroom Workshop.  Come learn
how to grow your own delicious and nutritious Shiitake mushrooms and take a
log home!

May 15th (Sat) - "Wine in the Woods" - Wine Tasting Fundraiser for the
Sequatchie Valley Institute, a non-profit educational center.

June 18-27th - Natural Building Workshop.  Intensive 10-day workshop
covering a variety of natural building methods, including cob and timber
framing.  You can sign up for single half-day workshops.

 July 8-18th - 6th Annual Food For Life Workshops and Gathering.  Join us
for a variety of hands on workshops and discussions about food.  From the
practical to the political to the philosophical, we cover it all!

For more information on these events, please contact
 Sequatchie Valley Institute at Moonshadow, Route One Box 304, Whitwell, TN
37397, 423-949-5922, [log in to unmask], or see our website,
www.svionline.org.

Carol Kimmons, Director of Education
Sequatchie Valley Institute at Moonshadow
Rt. 1 Box 304
Whitwell, TN 37397
423 949 [log in to unmask] http://www.svionline.org

The Sequatchie Valley Institute is a non-profit organization whose mission
is to offer society an opportunity to experience and learn about living in
harmony with nature by providing:
*       a dynamic model residence and learning center
*       education, research, art, land conservation and restoration; and
*       a vision for attaining a sustainable future