SCUBA-SE Archives

January 2004

From:
Bjorn Vang Jensen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Jan 2004 08:43:43 +0800
Bob,

> Actually the Conrad is a Hilton also

Didn't know that, go figure.

> sure which one you referred to.  I learned that among the Hilton
> chain of hotels in which I can stay free (with the HHonor points),
> the Conrads are heads and shoulders better than the plain Hiltons.
> In Singapore, that accounted for the difference of 5-star vs 3-star.

THAT is for sure. The only thing the Hilton here has going for it is
location and some pretty decent restaurants. The rest of it is tired, old
and moldy.

> Shirley Strike can get Sue and me two tickets to the party to
> watch his MC performance!  :-)   That's YOU, Strike.   We
> probably won't attend any seminar there even if they feature
> naked mermaids.

We certainly want to be there as well, if He-Who-Must-Be-Worshipped can
arrange it :-)

> Give me the dates of the "public exhibit" and Strike's party
> so that I can mark my calendar for those events.

Strike can do better, but I'm pretty sure the party is Friday night, and the
public show is Saturday/Sunday.

> Since my 6-days are already booked at the Conrad, such an
> excursion would suit my itinerary best if it could be at
> either end (4/12-15 or 4/22-25) of my planned stay.  Based
> on PROBABILITY, which of those might suit you better.

Well, if we want to keep as many options open, then I suggest 22-25. This is
simply because, if LL is out, then Thailand is the second-best choice. And
the Thai New Year, "Songkhran", is April 13-15, so everything there will be
booked or twice the price during that period. I will block 22-25 in my
calendar for now.

> I did take a quick perusal of your LL web info.  It did
> provide the logistic(price/schedule) info in the "package",
> but the pacage is from Bangkok!  Does that mean a hop to
> and from Bankok is necessary from Singapore for the LL

No. We would fly from Singapore to Kota Kinabalu (KK) and catch the puddle
jumper there. It's a 3-4 hour flight, I believe.

Bjorn