SCUBA-SE Archives

January 2004

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 14:17:06 -0500
I learned from our guru's mag of the dates of ADEX 2004.

I wonder how many of the visible SE-ers are planning to be there, or
maybe there.  The names that came to mind were:  Strike, Bjorn,
JM, Robert (Delfs), and may be some lurkers who might taking a
flying leap there for a mini-NEDfest with or without a diving
side-trip.

With that in mind and the fact that it would be a good place for
me to grow a year older, here are a couple of questions:

1.  Hilton or Conrad don't exist in SIN city.  The legendary
    Raffles must be the International one, which is rather costly.
    BUt the OTHER Raffles has very inexpensive rates.  All things
    considered, does anyone have any particular hotel to recommend?

2.  What are some worthwhile DIVE locations for a side trip while
    in SIN?  How many days has to be set aside for such?  That is
    based on the assumption that such locations meet the temp
    requirements for a WWW.  :)

lebensol.