SCUBA-SE Archives

January 2004

From:
David Strike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 22:19:52 +1100
On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 00:01:19 +0000, Andy wrote:

(Big snips of a sorrowful tale.)

>I loved those flippers, and they don't even do them in that deep red colour
>any more :-(

Oh, yes they do!  Because so many of the OEM's (Original Equipment
Manufacturers) are situated in Asia, it's surprising wot they can cum up
with!  :-)

Even I - with a penchant for black - was impressed by the offerings of
Roundwell Enterprises, (a Taiwanese-based manufacturer) at the 2003 ADEX
Show.  The clasic jetfin design in every primary colour!  :-)

Mate!  I suspects that they could provide you with a pair of jetfins that'd
not only preserve your reputation, but that, if used to beat a recalcitrant
DM/Instructor/boat operator around the side of the head with, would give you
more satisfaction than using one of those flippy-floppy, light-weight
offerings!

(And they 're already adapted to take the spring-heel straps that Dive-Rite
and Halcyon now offer as a ready-built accessory.)  :-)

Strike