SCUBA-SE Archives

January 2004

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jan 2004 13:34:14 -0500
On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 13:14:02 -0500, Michael Doelle
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>>so let me know the details or webpage and I'll see if I can get a better
>deal booking as a Gringo, and not as an Asian on the web.  :-)<
>
>That would really surprise me. At least in Malaysia the 'local' rate is
>usually somewhat lower than 50% of the 'tourist' rate.
>
>Not really sure how that works in Bali these days, but why would it  be
>different there? I suspect that Robert should be able to get the best
>rates.

Da Weasel,

You missed the exchange between Bjorn and myself, in which the SIN/DPS
roundtrip rate I got from the USA webpage if singaporeair was LOWER
than the singaporeair rate Bjorn got in Singapore, and my rate was
also the same or lower than Robert's rate on some local air, without
the flight day restrictions.

Thus, my Gringo rate for AIR was better than theirs -- which led to
my tongue-in-cheek speculation that if the HOTEL there has a web,
perhaps I could get a better rate too.

<end of joke and factual background replay>

You didn't have me on YOUR "blocked list" did you?   Hahahahahahha.

-- Bob.