SCUBA-SE Archives

January 2004

From:
Mike Wallace <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 08:18:24 -0600
*snip of some good stuff*

> Although this is directed to an even smaller group of people within a
> small
> group, it would be interesting to hear the experiences of, say, Mike
> Wallace, David Hale, Kuty - and even Viv<bwg> (who's had considerable
> experience of dealing with my 'diving personality defects')  - from
within
> this list.
[Mike Wallace]

Does wanting to bitch slap Lee count?  ;-)

It is an interesting question though. I have not seen any tendency
towards more significant aggression in those that I dive with after
longer or deeper dives. In fact a lot of guys that I dive with are much
more laid back now than they were in their younger days.

I do see more tension in the divers that I am involved with on the
Public Safety front though. I relate that to the stress of the job more
so that the diving itself. I think that job related stress, when
combined with technical level dives is a dangerous mixture that many
divers overlook. It's one of the reasons that I have forgone deeper or
longer divers lately. Don't want to lose focus when doing dives of that
nature.

I would like to see the results of a study in this area though.

Mike

> Strike
>
> ---

---