HP3000-L Archives

December 2003, Week 5

From:
John Clogg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Clogg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Dec 2003 17:27:25 -0800
Tracy wrote:

>now if he could just figure out how to be close-mouthed along with
>close-minded and biased.

Tracy, this piece is an editorial!  It's supposed to be biased!  That's what editorials do - the express an opinion and offer arguments in support of that opinion.  I have no problem with that, even when I disagree with the opinion.  It's when a biased report is represented as pure news reporting that it becomes odious.

As another poster said about yet another poster, it appears anyone who disagrees with you is closed-minded and biased, and those who agree with you are enlightened and balanced.  I don't mean to single you out with that comment - we all tend to harbor those feelings.  It's just that accusing an editorial writer of bias is like accusing a weight lifter of being strong.