HP3000-L Archives

December 2003, Week 4

From:
Brice Yokem <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brice Yokem <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Dec 2003 09:08:44 -0500
I'm finding it very difficult to contain myself in response to
your "point". Either you have no idea of the history of terrorism we have
suffered or badly need to review your news sources if you truly believe
your posting.  Regardless, having counted to ten, let's try my little
experiment again:  So, if the World Trade Centre hijackers had telephoned
the NYPD beforehand and asked everyone to evacuate the towers, would they -
in your analysis - just be guilty of criminal damage?   I don't think we
need an answer to that one.

----------------------------

Richard, your oversimplification is apparent.

----------------------------

I followed the news on this and I don't understand what you're saying. Can
you help me understand - was McVeigh a Branch Davidian? Or did he lose a
family member/friend in the storming of Waco?
Your second comment about laws is a timely one.  If a government does not
adhere to international law, then as you say, one can't blame anyone else
for not doing so either. Right?

McVeigh was not a Branch Davidian as far as I know.  I don't know of
anyone close to him who was lost in Waco.  If you are suggesting
Waco could have no connection to the Murrah Bombing because of this,
then your reasoning is faulty.

The matter of international law is your point, not mine.  I was referring
to the Waco incident.  But you are right to suggest that since Iraq was
ignoring international law, then Saddam could expect the same from any
other country.