HP3000-L Archives

December 2003, Week 3

From:
Belkacem Stephen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Belkacem Stephen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Dec 2003 15:56:54 -0000
Hi,

I'm attempting to create separate order files from one consolidated orders
file. To do this, I'm reading the file with the WHILE commands, and then
using the SETVAR and ECHO commands to copy the files to a temporary file,
which will then be saved in the POSIX directory.

My source file has a file length of 468 characters. At some point within my
process, there seems to be a limit of 256 characters. Could someone direct
me to where this is, and how to cure it? Below is the JCL

Thanks and Regards and Seasons Greetings to all.

Steve

!mpex
 SETVAR BIO ' '
 SETVAR FNUM VEFOPEN('xxxxxxxx.BACKUP.xxxxxxxx,OLD')
 WHILE VEFREADV('BIO',FNUM)
 IF STR(BIO,1,13)='1po-abcd-file01'
 SETVAR B2 STR(BIO,1,80)
 SETVAR B2A STR(BIO,81,80)
 SETVAR B2B STR(BIO,161,80)
 SETVAR B2C STR(BIO,241,80)
 SETVAR B2D STR(BIO,321,80)
 SETVAR B2E STR(BIO,401,68)
 setvar B3 STR(BIO,233,10)
 ECHO !B2
 ECHO !B2A
 ECHO !B2B
 ECHO !B2C
 ECHO !B2D
 ECHO !B2E

******************
This e-mail (including any attachments) is intended only for the
recipient(s)
named above. It may contain confidential or privileged information and
should
not be read, copied or otherwise used by any other person. If you are not a
named recipient, please contact the sender by telephone (+44-20-8327-5000)
and destroy the original message.
Any statement and/or opinion not related to this company's business and
expressed in this message is that of the author and does not necessarily
reflect those of Micro Warehouse Limited. This company does not take any
responsibility for the views of the author in any matter not related to the
company's object.
We reserve the right to monitor all e-mail messages passing through our
network.