HP3000-L Archives

December 2003, Week 3

From:
Scott Swartzell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scott Swartzell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 22:46:11 -0700
Donna,

Sorry for the late reply...work (and then homework...) got in
the way of email!

I've only used the Nikes on 9x9 and 99x servers, but no reason
that it wouldn't work on a 918.

Out of 20+ model 20 arrays, all fully loaded with disk mechs, we
had probably 4-5 mechs fail over a 3 year period, along with 1
controller card.

We still have 2 of these arrays in production.  I've been happy
with the performance.  I don't think the array would bog-down the
918....

Scott