HP3000-L Archives

December 2003, Week 3

From:
"Johnson, Tracy" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Johnson, Tracy
Date:
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 16:38:20 -0500

I was just about to go ...

If the speech was spoken, the week prior to Saddam's
capture, it was probably overshadowed by other events.
(Even if it was newsworthy.)

Another way to look at this item, is that it could have
been from a command newsletter in the unit's e-mail, not
neccessarily a speech.  This would explain how the entire
item arrived to this list, as I'm now having doubts whether
anyone who had access to the Commanding Officer's notes
or files would have been forwarded along so "verbatim."

The military unit's e-mail/newsletter explains a lot.

I've seen similar items alot during my military tenure.  I've
also learned to call such things "Command-Spam".  They usually
appear between such e-mails as "someone left their lights on
in the parking lot," or "base services will shut down power to
the HQ building next Sunday for maintenance."

BT

Tracy Johnson
MSI Schaevitz Sensors