HP3000-L Archives

December 2003, Week 2

From:
John Pitman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Pitman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 13:22:33 +1100
wE HAVE HAD THE FOLLOWING SET UP RUNNING FOR SOME TIME NOW:-

both mpe 7.01 and 7.5
ldev x configured in sysgen as a networked printer
npconfig contains an entry for it with a non existent ip address
device is spooled, suspended.
Users send printout to this device, we have a program that finds the
spoolfiles, ftps them to a pc directory based on user .account, removes from
out.hpspool .
Users have an ftp browser that locates the files, they download, put them in
XL etc.
Suddenly today, after 6 months of happy operation, get console messages
saying spooler stopped on device because it has an error from it. When we
try to startspool and suspendspool it, the system is too quick and we dont
get time to suspend it before it gets errors and stops it again.
Can fix it by providing an ip address that exists, but why did it suddenly
change behaviour today. Happening on 2 928lx systems, which dont have any
DTCs.

??

John Pitman