HP3000-L Archives

December 2003, Week 2

From:
Dave Powell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Powell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Dec 2003 13:55:02 -0800
Absolutely, call the command intinsic with 'pause n' in the command buffer.

Actually here we end up 'pausing' with time-out reads on message files far
more often than we call 'pause' from cobol.  A typical all-day sleeper
program that reads a data set, waits a bit and reads it again, will get its
end-of-day shutdown command from a message file, so we just read that with a
timeout of 'x' seconds between passes thru the data set instead of pausing
'x' seconds.

Dave ('Yes, we did the real number thing in the early eighties, but not
recently') Powell