HP3000-L Archives

December 2003, Week 1

From:
donna garverick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 10:58:33 -0800
--- Jerry Fochtman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Exactly the challenge the MPE track faces.  What type of
> content/information/etc. would be compelling enough to draw the
> interest of users to want to attend along with recognition/support
> from their management as to the benefit to the
> organization that generally foots the bill.

the fact that so many people are scratching their heads on this topic
makes it clear that viewing the 'mpe track' from a traditional
point-of-view isn't applicable anymore.

may i suggest instead something along the lines of 'training' sessions
especially geared (but not neccessarily limited to) homesteaders.  i
see the sessions as covering mpe -- os and hardware -- from top to
bottom.  the 'brain drain' in the mpe community is massive and anything
that can be done to get knowledge into the hands of the people who need
it the worst will be appreciated.           - d

=====
Donna Garverick     Sr. System Programmer
dgarverick -at- longs -dot- com
925-210-6631        Longs Drug Stores

Come, my friends, 'Tis not too late to seek a newer world.
Tho' much is taken, much abides; and tho'
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.
"Ulysses", A. Tennyson