HP3000-L Archives

December 2003, Week 1

From:
Erik Vistica <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Erik Vistica <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Dec 2003 17:48:27 -0600
 He's in danger because the chute is still in the package.

I suppose one could argue that if the chute is packed correctly, then
there is no danger since all the man has to do is pull the handle.

I see it as he is in danger until he opens the package because if he
just sits there, he dies. Once the chute opens, the immediate danger (of
dying from a sudden stop) is over. I'm ignoring the endless
possibilities of things like landing in alligator infested swamps and
such :-)