HP3000-L Archives

December 2003, Week 1

From:
Matthew Perdue <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 4 Dec 2003 13:31:56 -0600
donna garverick <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
<...snip...>

>may i suggest instead something along the lines of 'training' sessions
>especially geared (but not neccessarily limited to) homesteaders.  i
>see the sessions as covering mpe -- os and hardware -- from top to
>bottom.  the 'brain drain' in the mpe community is massive and anything
>that can be done to get knowledge into the hands of the people who need
>it the worst will be appreciated.

Bingo! You've absolutely nailed it! Now sessions that teach os and
hardware top to bottom geared to self maintainers (future/present
homesteaders) and great knowledge to have for everyone are sessions I'd
shell out $$$ for.... Teach the nitty-gritty of maintenance by CE's
that really know this stuff (differing from those that just RTFM).
Release the maintenance docs as part of the session (give out passwords
to docs.hp.com stuff for session attendees). Issue a session graduate
version of SS_CONFIG for self maintainers that will eventually have to
replace a backplane and/or CPU (sign one of those NDA's HP likes so
much after swallowing CPQ)....