UTCSTAFF Archives

December 2003

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
John Friedl <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Friedl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Dec 2003 15:00:02 -0500
To UTC Faculty and Staff:

As many of you are aware, in conjunction with our approval of UTC's first
doctoral program in Physical Therapy, we were required to obtain from SACS
an approval of a "substantive change" that is brought about by offering a
new degree at a higher level. Our request to SACS was submitted last spring
and was approved in July, but was subject to a follow-up site visit by a
SACS-appointed team. That site visit team came to UTC last week and
conducted their review of the Physical Therapy program and of the
University in general.

I am pleased to report to you that the SACS team has completed its review
and has informed us that we are in full compliance with SACS requirements.
While this report is unofficial at this point, we do not anticipate any
change between now and the receipt of the official notification from SACS.
We are proceeding with our plan to award UTC's first doctoral degrees at
the Commencement ceremony on December 14.

My thanks and congratulations go to Dean Mary Tanner and Dr. Cathie Smith,
the Head of the Physical Therapy Department, and to all of the faculty in
the Department whose efforts were instrumental in bringing this chapter in
UTC's history to a successful conclusion.

Sincerely,

John Friedl

John Friedl, Ph.D., J.D.
Provost and Vice Chancellor
for Academic Affairs
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
102 Founders Hall, Dept. 5555
615 McCallie Avenue
Chattanooga, TN 37403-2598
Phone: (423) 425-4633