HP3000-L Archives

November 2003, Week 4

From:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 16:08:49 +0100
Sounds to me like Dave is using smbclien to access a Windows
shared drive from the 3000 side... If my guess is true, you
might want to check if you are using a reasonably recent MPE
version of smbclient, e.g. from Samba 2.0.7 or 2.2.8a as your
PC seems to be Windows 2000 or later. Just recenly, I had a
customer here in Germany who had strange errors from smbclient
mget when using the ancient /SAMBA/PUB/bin/smbclient to access
a Windows 2000 server. With a more recent version the problem
magically went away. Remember that the first smbclient on MPE
was based on a Samba version long before Win 2K existed. So
it might be unable to talk with Windows 2000 under all kind of
context situations (unless Windows is very compatible with its
own predecessors ;-)