HP3000-L Archives

November 2003, Week 4

From:
Eben Yong <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eben Yong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Nov 2003 12:08:38 -0500
To backup our HP3000, we use Hiback from HICOMP.  Recently we have
experienced sporadic failures when attempting to restore data from the dlt
drive across the network to another HP3000.  For example, we backup data
on production HP3000; then attempt to restore the data to a development
HP3000.  Below is a snippet from the $stdlist, which displays the error.
I looked at available patches that potentially target this problem and the
only thing I found for MPE/iX 6.5 is patch MPEMXF6A.  Would anyone care to
comment on this?  Any suggestions as to the advisability of installing the
patch?  Thanks as always.

 STORE ABORTED BY THE ENTERPRISE CLIENT DUE TO AN ERROR (S/R 3305)
 /AIHWORK/DATA/HEALTHJ5.001 NOT RESTORED: RESTORE FORCED TO TERMINATE
WHILE RESTORING FILE

 FILES RESTORED :                             198 FILES FAILED TO
RESTORE :                      1  **** INTERNAL TRAP  Data PAGE
Fault                            [VSM] Undecoded status.info = -300 ABORT:
HIBACKX.PUB.HICOMP NM SYS   a.0231de70 ts3k_restore_next_file+$180
 NM PROG  f7.0002d154 P5_restore+$898

Patch Name: /mpe-ix_patches/c.65.00/MPEMXF6A
   Patch Size : 1376 sectors