HP3000-L Archives

November 2003, Week 4

From:
John Hornberger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
[log in to unmask][log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of
Shahan, Ray
Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2003 11:42 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [HP3000-L] Removing deleted recs from KSAM/xl file

Hmmm, I replied to one part of this thread to be careful when using $newpass
as a receiver of file data since the file size of $newpass has a limit.
Since I couldn't remember what that limit was, I tried to find it, and I can
say that either there is no longer a limit issue for $newpass, or that [...]51_26Nov200311:43:[log in to unmask]
Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 2003 11:39:44 -0500
Andrew according to Techweb:

USB 2.0 will extend the speed of the peripheral-to-PC connection from 12
Mbits/s on USB 1.1 to up to 480 Mbits/s -- 40 times more than current
capabilities. The higher bandwidth will support such applications as
digital image creation and web publishing, where multiple high-speed
peripherals run simultaneously.
USB 2.0 was ramped in just a little over a year, Gelsinger noted. "Since
the high-speed mode has the same basic architecture of USB, migrating
existing USB peripherals to USB 2.0 is a much easier task than
transferring to a brand new technology," he said. "Also, because USB 2.0
will be fully forward- and backward-compatible with current USB systems
and peripherals, working with existing cables and connectors, consumers
have the benefit of using devices they already have."

The rest of the article can be found at:

http://www.techweb.com/wire/story/TWB20000427S0007

HTH,

John Hornberger
Sr. Systems Programmer
SPX Global Information Services

The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is intended
by SPX Corporation for the use of the named individual or entity to which
it is directed and may contain information that is confidential or
privileged.  If you have received this electronic mail transmission in
error, please delete it from your system without copying or forwarding it,
and notify the sender of the error by reply email so that the sender's
address records can be corrected.