HP3000-L Archives

November 2003, Week 3

From:
"Gehan G." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gehan G.
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 18:53:40 -0800
> For outdoor work, I prefer
> to ask "would you like to have the mountain lion in the
> background,
> or the bear, or the beaver, or the elk, or just some forest?"
>
> Clicking away -- at the e-3000 keyboard as well as at the
> (very responsive)
> Olympus e-1 shutter --, I remain an ardent fan of both
> technologies

 My other hobby, when I'm not programming or trying to
administer over our HP3k, is studying birds. I'm what some would
call an amature ornitholgist. I'm only happy when I'm in front
of a keyboard, or behind a pair of field glasses/ spotting
scope(kowa tsn2)..
 Being a photo enthusist you might have heard of digiscoping.
The new (to me) art of duct taping your digital camera to your
spotting scope. Of course some use more professional methods
such as store bought adapters or custom made viewing lenses to
mate your camera and scope lenses.
Digiscoping how to guide..
http://www.md.ucl.ac.be/peca/test/a.html

 You can really get some incredible looking shots this way. If
you like bird photography you might want to check out some of
the pictures taken by a local digiscoper John Cassady
http://www.indianaaudubon.org/guide/jpgs/miller03.jpg

or also Jeff McCoy does really nice work with this method..
http://www.indianaaudubon.org/guide/jpgs/migranttrap01.jpg

=====
Listen to Gehan's personal internet radio station:
http://launch.yahoo.com/lc/?rt=0&rp1=0&rp2=1218561385