HP3000-L Archives

November 2003, Week 3

From:
Tracy Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tracy Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 15:15:17 -0800
> We all have our own morals even though they differ from person to
> person.
> This is not a question about morals. It's a question of legal rights.
> FW

more or less.  consider:

why do gays want to marry?  because they see married people benefitting from
the arrangement, primarily in a tax setting.

why is marriage sanctioned (word?) in the first place?  because it's
believed that kids produced in marriages are more successful than those
produced outside of marriage; that's deemed 'good for the society'.

The whole idea of marriage in the legal has now been completely upended by
1) legislation of privilege 2) equal rights (actually meaning "equal
privileges") demands.  I suggest that tax benefits for married couples
simply be removed, after which it makes no difference at all whether gays
marry.

This cart-before-horse scenario reminds me of a TV snippet I happened to
watch last night, in which minor children were arguing for their 'right' to
eschew reciting the pledge of allegiance (their parents' wishes be damned),
equating same to 'free speech', including the right to burn the american
flag.

Politically correct my ass.