HP3000-L Archives

November 2003, Week 3

From:
Greg Stigers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Greg Stigers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 15:47:01 -0500
I am convinced that such information is inaccessible, but as someone (of
two) who has decided otherwise (we each have our bachelors, but have chosen
to have six children before medical realities dictated no more), I do wonder
what the cause is of this statistical behavior? Why, statistically, do those
with more education tend to choose to have fewer children? Or, is it
circumstantial and economic? A four-year degree leaves four fewer
childbearing years, and, in this country, usually many more years of student
loan payments to make. Of course, any answer is speculation, at best based
on some sampling of numbers smaller than can be statistically reliable,
regarding forces which constantly change.

Greg Stigers
this space for rent