HP3000-L Archives

November 2003, Week 3

From:
Brian Donaldson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 16 Nov 2003 10:15:23 EST
Listers:

Thanks to all who responded and tried to give me help.

Yes, I streamed the JCONFJOB.NET as well as doing a host of other things.
The system was hanging with no visible system failure message on the console.
No colon prompt and no network. The box was frozen/hung.

However, as I don't give up easily, the solution to the problem was :

1) RENAME X25SERVR.NET.SYS,X25SERV2.NET.SYS (this took away the need for the
OVERRIDE option on netcontrol/nscontrol commands)

2) Changed my netstart UDC to :

NETSTART
NETCONTROL START;NET=LOOP
NETCONTROL START;NET=LAN
NSCONTROL START
RUN STMSTART.DIAG.SYS

3) Changed my netstop UDC to:

NETSTOP
RUN STMSHUT.DIAG.SYS
NSCONTROL STOP
NETCONTROL STOP;NET=LAN
NETCONTROL STOP;NET=LOOP

It is now early Sunday morning, my box has been up and running all night and
all is right with the world again. We are now running under 6.5 PP3 at last.

The problem of the system failure/hang/freeze has been resolved seemingly.
Once again, thanks to all who wrote to me with assistance.

Brian Donaldson.